People often come to church when life is most difficult and the Christian life can be hard.
We understand that life is complex and often painful. Family break down, illness, bereavement, and unemployment are everyday struggles for many in our church family. We do not pretend to have all the answers; we cannot claim that our lives are sorted, nor are we professional counsellors.
However, we have discovered God’s grace to us as messed up people. He gives comfort, forgiveness and power to change through Jesus. We therefore welcome those who are experiencing difficulties and will seek to provide support and prayer as Christ teaches.
We take the safeguarding and care of children and vulnerable adults very seriously at Holy Redeemer. Our Parish Safeguarding Officers and Churchwardens can be contacted on the following emails:
- Key helpline information:
- NSPCC Child Protection Helpline: 0808 800 5000 (lines free and open 24 hours).
- Phone if you are worried about a child.
- Child-line: 0800 1111 (lines free and open 24 hours). Phone if you are a child or young person and are worried about anything.
- National Domestic Violence Helpline: 0808 2000 247 (lines free and open 24 hours). Phone if you are experiencing domestic abuse.
- Samaritans Helpline: 116 123 (open 24 hours). Phone if you feel you are struggling to cope and need someone to talk to.
- Action on Elder Abuse Helpline: 080 8808 8141 ( free phone Monday to Friday 9-5pm).
Diocesan Safeguarding Advisers can be contacted at:
Diocesan Safeguarding Adviser
Tel: 020 7939 9423
Mobile: 07982 279713
Out of Hours Number for Safeguarding Emergencies: 020 3874 6743
Assistant Diocesan Safeguarding Advisers
Tel: 020 7939 9441
Mobile: 07946 255295
Tel: 020 7939 9462
Mobile: 07946 255622
Link to current edition of A Safe Church